TG Steam Group TG FB Group
 21 September, 2021, 07:53:42 AM 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register  

Tectonic Gaming

Author Topic: Morbus Update 1.5.6 & Feedback  (Read 781 times)

Offline CoolHandWiz

• The Brood Leader
  • Leader
  • dfhkjih..ooops..sorry..fell asleep on the keyboard
    • Youtube Channel
Morbus Update 1.5.6 & Feedback
« on: 28 February, 2015, 02:40:51 PM »
Hey Everyone!

Update Feedback
So major changes have been happening on the Morbus server in the last few weeks. The largest change came thanks to Demonkush who generously gave us a new update (Morbus 1.5.6.) for us to use on Tectonic Gaming Morbus Server.

With this update there came many new features including; weapons, perks, and gameplay addons (See Change Log for brief rundown). With such a large add on comes issues of balancing and configuration.

In the coming weeks I will be testing and implementing changes to the Morbus server. With this update, the top issue that needs resolving right now is gameplay balancing. With a new swarm skill tree, and new weapons the win/loss ratio on the server is very uneven. Currently, aliens on the server are winning 85-95% of the time because of added advantages that came with the update. If anyone wants to help improve the balancing and gameplay on the Morbus server feel free to message me or post your suggestions here.

New Map Suggestions
In addition we are working on adding to the map rotation on the server which has always been relatively limited because of lack of map creators for Morbus. Recently it has come to my attention that ANY Garry’s Mod and/or Counterstrike Map can be modified to work in the Morbus Gamemode. If anyone has any suggestions for maps ideas that fit the atmosphere for Morbus post them in the Morbus Map Suggestions thread.

The main goal in the coming weeks/months is to try to implement further changes through discussions/suggestions of both those part of the community and those who are new to the gamemode of Morbus.

Additional Ideas Are In Development So Stay Tuned for More Morbus Posts To Come!

-CoolHandWiz

tl;dr
-New update (Feedback?)
-Swarm stat changes imminent
-Weapon spec changes to come
-New maps to be added to map rotation (Suggestions?)

Offline RampageSi™

• Mod
  • Hey guys
Re: Morbus Update 1.5.6 & Feedback
« Reply #1 on: 28 February, 2015, 06:41:48 PM »
Hey. Well I think everything on the morbus server is going really well. I do like the new update and the changes that are happening but as you said the aliens are winning like 90% of the time but that's due to the new perk for swarms and things are just a bit un balanced, but I do understand why. It takes time to make things just right.

But the only thing that I wanted changed was what I talked about in last months meeting and that's it but if I think of anything else I'll edit this.

So I can't wait till it's fully complete and once I get back online playing again, I'll kill them broods like never before! Lol
PS. Updates on my status will be on my profile in the comment area.
~Rampi~

Offline Bat

• Noob spotter, oh wait--
  • Mod
« Reply #2 on: 01 March, 2015, 02:13:17 AM »
I love the update, swarms seem much more capable  :azn:

Offline Queen Kichi

• E-boner Perpetrator
  • Leader
  • PhD in Deg's penile investigation & Grammar Nazi
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: 01 March, 2015, 09:19:48 AM »
Something that I would love to see is maybe somewhere I can look to know what the perks of the brood and the swarm are. Or even just a little more info about them. I have had times where I go to add perks and I don't know what each one really does or how it can benefit me Q u Q

Offline AP Art History

• Mod
  • Hey I'm new!
« Reply #4 on: 01 March, 2015, 09:41:17 AM »
I love the update, swarms seem much more capable  :azn:

The swarm were already capable, even in 1.5.6a they could 1v1 and 1v2 humans pretty easily, if you knewwhat you were doing, along with the fact that you would be able to waste their ammunition by "kiting" around them

Something that I would love to see is maybe somewhere I can look to know what the perks of the brood and the swarm are. Or even just a little more info about them. I have had times where I go to add perks and I don't know what each one really does or how it can benefit me Q u Q

Go all Defense, really only viable build in Morbus ATM.
https://github.com/Remscar/Morbus/blob/master/morbusgame/gamemode/shared/shd_upgrades.lua

Offline CoolHandWiz

• The Brood Leader
  • Leader
  • dfhkjih..ooops..sorry..fell asleep on the keyboard
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #5 on: 01 March, 2015, 01:24:50 PM »

That actually is a really good idea. Will definitely look into it!  :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines
Page created in 0.031 seconds with 23 queries.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal