TG Steam Group TG FB Group
 21 September, 2021, 07:36:53 AM 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register  

Tectonic Gaming

Author Topic: Re-evaluation.  (Read 948 times)

Re-evaluation.
« on: 15 January, 2015, 06:10:07 PM »
3 years ago I joined a community of people who welcomed me with open and caring arms because back then the kind of person I was had infinite wells of patients and kindness. I was the kind of person people went out of their way to put in charge of things, I still remember the unanimous chorus of people asking for me to become head admin.

I look back on that person and I don't see a shred of him within myself any more, I'm not the same person that started TG and I've come to the realisation that I'm not happy with that any more. So I'm making the hard decision to step back, re-evaluate my life and fix the things causing me great stress so I can afford to be how I used to be, don't take this as me leaving that is not what is happening I'm simply taking a proper breather to just relax and get my stuff together.

I have great trust in Taurvi and CoolHandz as both have shown they can keep steering TG in the right direction whilst I'm out. Anyway I don't feel text can portray my emotions and thoughts on this correctly so I've made a video to help, I also briefly touch on the status of the menu: http://youtu.be/pm1-7ijZCZg

P.S. Questions can be asked here or you can contact me in private via steam or the forums.

Offline Rexy

• Everyones a critic.
  • Retired
  • Superiority
Re: Re-evaluation.
« Reply #1 on: 15 January, 2015, 07:44:06 PM »
Well I must say from my experience that I had last year. You may wish to be who you were back then, but in all reality you never will be. Now, I'm not trying to say that you will never have the same feelings and such. I mean that as a person you've grown and matured. Realized things that have been important to you and such. As you will never be that person you were back then, you can only do one thing. Aspire to be better than that person that you were back then. Again from experience I can say, take some time away from the things that stress you out. I guess there are somethings that you can't get away from, but the little you problems you probley can. Take as long as you possibly want, find the things that truly make you happy, not the imitation of being happy. Don't view the part about not being the same person as a bad thing. We all grow up and change, it's what happens in life. Basic human nature is that people completely hate change, but sometimes change is what makes you realize things. Making you step back and look at things as a whole like you are now.

Here's one thing that I cannot say enough when dealing with stress. Something that I did myself for far longer than I should've. Don't beat around the bush. Since I don't know your circumstances it might not fit, but deal with your issues head on. If you ignore them for too long, they pile up and up and up. Until you're too stressed about being stressed. I'm not saying you need to deal with all of them at once, just make progress over time. Deal with a small one here, and there. Before you know it the big ones won't look so bad now that you have a clean plate.

I hope that wasn't too hard to follow, my thoughts are kinda jumbled around.

Offline Paint!

• Artist of the Inside
  • Retired
  • Great White North
« Reply #2 on: 15 January, 2015, 07:44:50 PM »
This seriously brought a tear to my eye. I know I haven't been as active as I used to be but TG has been a huge part of my life the past 3 years. Its the sad reality that nothing last forever, TG has had its struggles but its still a place a go to feel accepted and welcomed. I made some of my best friends here and I wish this community could be forever. Things change, we have to deal with that fact. I don't know how this will change things but I don't want to lose you guys.

<3

Im eternally thankful to you Talmera. You created this community and brightened the lives of many. Don't forget that.

Offline BoatsHoes

• Admin
  • The Nina, The Pinta, The Santa Maria.
« Reply #3 on: 15 January, 2015, 10:32:00 PM »
Well I would say I really don't have a place here anymore, ever since my resignation I haven't spoken to you at all Tal. (Partially because I was unfriended but I don't really mind)

I am typing this to say thank you Talmera. If it wasn't for your efforts way back then, T-G would not be how it was. I wouldn't even be here typing this.

So, simply, thank you. May your path be the right one. You will be missed by many.

Offline Prince Taurvi

• The Royal Pain
  • Owner
  • Beserker
  • Shymapler is a T--SPLUT!
    • Attempt at a Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: 16 January, 2015, 08:59:28 AM »
You have, more or less, built Tectonic from the ground up. You persevered when things looked bleak. You laughed and cheered when things looked great. I remember the early days when I first joined, you used to talk about all the time about the wonderful ideals that the community enshrined.

I believe this is a time for consolidation and renewed cooperation. There has been a lot of hostility over the last year, and I wish to see it all gone. I'm currently working with our staff to comprehensively review administrative procedure and rules, and hopefully we can put this community back together. I will admit - it won't be easy making everybody happy, but I will try my best to satisfy as many parties as possible.

This is an open invitation for everyone to add (or readd) me on Steam and to chat with me, or even private message me on the forums.
« Last Edit: 16 January, 2015, 03:09:29 PM by Prince Taurvi »

Offline Dinomoto Mennovi

• SOS
  • Retired
  • Beserker
  • Major Angry Brit
« Reply #5 on: 16 January, 2015, 09:05:02 AM »
Takes a lot of guts to own up to the fact that you're not the same leader I looked level to and respected. (Gotta add that arrogance along with compliment)
Hopefully you can be that same guy again, and I would like that very much so.
I'm not so good with words to describe how I feel, but I intended to never come back here ever again...so maybe that action of being here again expresses something good? I don't know.
« Last Edit: 16 January, 2015, 09:07:11 AM by Dinomoto Mennovi »
Boobs are like butts up on the chest - Danny Sexbang

Offline ๖ۣۜBlog๖ۣۜ'

• A.H.I.M.D
  • Retired
  • EXP Addict
« Reply #6 on: 16 January, 2015, 02:49:15 PM »
Im awful at these types of things but thanks Tal.

Thanks is the best thing to say here.

I always feel like I dont put enough emphasis when it comes to more "emotional" topics like these. But i cant stress enough when i say Thank you. You have impacted all of our lives more than you can imagine.

Offline Jerry Hat Trick

• Vintage Chaos
  • Retired
« Reply #7 on: 16 January, 2015, 04:12:11 PM »
To add to my personal message, I agree with Blog in that you have impacted many lives, including my own.
The impact hasn't always been a good one, but you have always done what you thought was best for the benefit of the Whole.

It's not as if you're leaving, and you'll always be The Founder - nothing will ever change that.
Transitions happen, but that is a natural thing.
Maybe 10 years from now, TG will still exist, but under a completely different group of Leaders, with completely different games as TTT & Morbus fade,  whilst us old-timers sit & watch on & talk about the "glory days". :)

I'll say it again, I was quite touched at the mentioning of me in particular in your video - I'm proud to be part of this great group of people. It hasn't always been easy dealing with me, or my drama, but you have exhibited a great deal of patience with me, and I'm honored to have known you & supported your efforts to build this group in whatever small way I could.
I promise to try to maintain more of a Sage role, than A Rage role :)

Offline Yellow

• Designated Crayon
  • Certified Dank Memer and Dota Player.
« Reply #8 on: 16 January, 2015, 10:03:22 PM »
Alright, I know i am not the most welcome anymore but i would like to add to this thread.  Without this community i would not be playing video games or probably even smile any more. This was my home away for home. Every day was a long wait just to be able to play gmod on tg servers. I've made so many friends and have shared so many memories that i would not trade for anything.I have had some quarrels with many people in this server but i would just like to say thank you for the opportunities i was given and the open arms i received. I may have not been the most thankful or respectful person before, and have been banned multiple times, but i want to truly say thank you all. We may have never seen eye to eye, Talmera, but i definitely respect you for all of your hard work and efforts to keep this community in order. The more i look back on these past few years the more i am able to genuinely say i was happy and it is all thanks to you guys. Thank you.
"It is already too late to worry, but is that stopping you from doing it anyway?"

~Yellow

Offline Dinomoto Mennovi

• SOS
  • Retired
  • Beserker
  • Major Angry Brit
« Reply #9 on: 16 January, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »
Alright, I know i am not the most welcome anymore
I disagree.
I think you're very welcome here.
Least, thats what I think.

Offline Prince Taurvi

• The Royal Pain
  • Owner
  • Beserker
  • Shymapler is a T--SPLUT!
    • Attempt at a Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: 16 January, 2015, 10:44:23 PM »
I disagree.
I think you're very welcome here.
Least, thats what I think.

Agreed. Everybody is welcome here. If there are people who were banned, forum or sourcebans, I will look into it. Let me know.

Offline Nubbiebabyboy

• The Real Slim Nubbie
  • The Philosopher And The Therapist.
« Reply #11 on: 18 January, 2015, 10:32:05 AM »
Everyone is getting old.
Everyone is getting stressed.
Everyone is getting busy.

We learn to slowly deal with it. I haven't been around because I have been EXTREMELY busy with my life. Those in contact with me know. However, the only thing I have learned fully was that we can not break down. We need to keep going.

Hey, listen. If you are stressed and really need someone to talk to PM me, I'll always be there.

The stupid, innocent girl is always on my mind.

Offline Dinomoto Mennovi

• SOS
  • Retired
  • Beserker
  • Major Angry Brit
« Reply #12 on: 18 January, 2015, 07:26:14 PM »
Nubbie, you were never really around for long enough at a time for us to know who you are <3

Offline Nubbiebabyboy

• The Real Slim Nubbie
  • The Philosopher And The Therapist.
« Reply #13 on: 19 January, 2015, 03:25:30 AM »
Nubbie, you were never really around for long enough at a time for us to know who you are <3

<3 <3

I wish I could be around more but with the different timezone, every single time I get on to play, most of you peeps are offline. Because of that I slowly lost interest in Gmod. So meanwhile I'm left ghosting around, popping in once in a while here and there in the fourms and that little mobile group.

<3 <3

Hey, listen. If you are stressed and really need someone to talk to PM me, I'll always be there.

The stupid, innocent girl is always on my mind.

Offline Shenannergans

• Mischievous Misfit
  • Sehnsucht.
« Reply #14 on: 19 January, 2015, 09:27:47 AM »
Thanks Tal.
You've been great man. You've kept the community of Pub Gaming together (even if y'all did hate me when I tried coming after PuG ahaha) as well as found many more amazing people, and you've done a wonderful job. Even though I was gone from Tectonic for nearly a year and a half, I've seen you mature and change, and I've seen you make decisions that I think you would've made differently back at the beginning of Tectonic. I know you've seen me change and mature as well, and it's been amazing.

You're a fucking champion, and I hope to see you come back stronger than ever.

-Shenannergans, the guy that you met and disliked 4 years ago <3
"If my voice is valid, it is valid everywhere, not where it is permitted." -Ronald Campbell

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal