TG Steam Group TG FB Group
 28 September, 2021, 07:46:55 PM 
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register  

Tectonic Gaming

Author Topic: A message to the group known as the No Snitching Community.  (Read 6186 times)

Talmera

A message to the group known as the No Snitching Community.
« on: 05 August, 2013, 03:37:42 AM »
There has been an increasing level of complaints against you from both users and admins, whilst we have tolerated you from day one, thinking it was a short joke, this No Snitching group has become a detriment to the community. It's disrupting gameplay and making people who want to play the game properly leave. Essentially your group is doing the equivalent of ghosting, and that's a permanently bannable offense. We will no longer tolerate it, either. If you cause any drama in response, you will also be banned. Our server is for fun, but it's made for people to play TTT properly. You have been warned.

Offline Lord StrangeGlove

• The Forum Fist.
  • Retired
  • Hail to the King, Baby.
Re: A message to the group known as the No Snitching Community.
« Reply #1 on: 05 August, 2013, 03:43:55 AM »
Written by Talmera
Edited by Dr. Strangelove

Published by Talmurica Publishing Company.
I'm king in here.

Offline Gold

• Hey I'm new!
« Reply #2 on: 05 August, 2013, 02:06:41 PM »
I didn't know it was that srs, as one of the more active participants in this 'no snitching' I assure everyone it's all (or for me it was, anyways) in light-heartedness and wasn't on intending to disrupt gameplay. Sorry for any misunderstandings and misgivings, I won't partake in it anymore.

Offline Rolling

• El Ruedo es MAGNIFICO!
« Reply #3 on: 05 August, 2013, 03:04:09 PM »
I would like to ask for clarification, is asking somone who witnessed you commit a traitorous act using in-game chat not to "snitch" an act that would get the traitor in trouble? I would think that the only the innocent would be guilty for not snitching since the T simply asked him, and didn't actually partake in the act of not snitching.

An example to clarify my attempted clarification.
Player A is Traitor, Player B is Inno, Player X is inno.
Player A kills Player X, and asks Player B not to KOS him.
Player A runs away and Player B decides to not KOS Player A.

Is Player B guilty? Or are both players?
3:05 PM - Hamburger Time: Ghandi is overrated.

3:05 PM - Hamburger Time: He wasn't a saint like everyone thinks,

Talmera

« Reply #4 on: 05 August, 2013, 03:32:13 PM »
I would like to ask for clarification, is asking somone who witnessed you commit a traitorous act using in-game chat not to "snitch" an act that would get the traitor in trouble? I would think that the only the innocent would be guilty for not snitching since the T simply asked him, and didn't actually partake in the act of not snitching.

it's irreverent, don't do it. To further explain why it is considered ghosting is because you have a pre arranged pact located HERE ( it didn't need to be a group but you made it really easy on us) you use in game code phrases and people are sick of it.

Offline Mulldozer

• The Sleepy Hedgehog
  • Retired
  • Detective Dozer is on the Case!
    • My Blog!
« Reply #5 on: 05 August, 2013, 03:37:20 PM »

Honestly, that is the most obvious form of ghosting. 90% of the time, this is how I ban ghosters.
Both will be assumed to be guilty if they are found to be friends on Steam because I can only assume Player A told Player B not to say anything.

CruC|Chiliagon

« Reply #6 on: 05 August, 2013, 03:45:32 PM »
I see it more of traitor baiting than ghosting. I myself do the no snitching as a joke I am not apart of the group, but I guess you are the boss and you deside.

Offline canti

• Coder
« Reply #7 on: 05 August, 2013, 05:02:37 PM »
I was never part of the "community" but sometimes if I catch a traitor setting tripmines/planting C4/whatever really early in the round I'll just let them walk free and ignore them. Am I not allowed to do this anymore?  :-[

Offline Hatch

« Reply #8 on: 05 August, 2013, 06:43:16 PM »
This whole no snitching thing does really suck you guys. We are playing a game and we shouldn't be "no snithcing" the other team.

Like basketball, You can not block the other teams shots, but your team is going to start getting pretty pissed at you at some point for not even trying.

AND since its happening in the server now quit fucking over prop fighting. It super disrespectful to peopel who like playing their inno and traitor rounds. You guys prop fight any time you are inno, and even though I don't generally care, you guys abuse the right to do so and you choose disrespectful locations to do so (like middle of crowded areas). If you really like prop fighting that much then go play privately.

You guys created this group of "fun/cool" kids against the "no fun allowed" mods and players and even though there have been legitemet reason for feeling that TG has stressed rules too aggressively, you guys abuse the relaxed nature that the server can enjoy at times by never playing seriously.

I tried defending that "mini games" and prop fights and silliness that happens, but you guys make it too hard to give a shit when you get banned.
« Last Edit: 05 August, 2013, 06:53:48 PM by Hatch »

Offline Mr Blue Sky

• The Illusion
  • fite me
« Reply #9 on: 05 August, 2013, 07:13:50 PM »
I was never part of the "community" but sometimes if I catch a traitor setting tripmines/planting C4/whatever really early in the round I'll just let them walk free and ignore them. Am I not allowed to do this anymore?  :-[

no man what are you doing you gotta pad your kda

seriously why would you ignore them I want to know why people think this

Offline Prince Taurvi

• The Royal Pain
  • Owner
  • Beserker
  • Shymapler is a T--SPLUT!
    • Attempt at a Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: 05 August, 2013, 07:24:33 PM »
You guys created this group of "fun/cool" kids against the "no fun allowed" mods and players and even though there have been legitimate reason for feeling that TG has stressed rules too aggressively, you guys abuse the relaxed nature that the server can enjoy at times by never playing seriously.

I tried defending that "mini games" and prop fights and silliness that happens, but you guys make it too hard to give a shit when you get banned.

I am in full agreement with these lines here.

Also while we're on a roll, someone who I've never met before left the server 'cause I just connected on it lol ("It's Prince Taurvi! Time to leave"). I presume there is a list of "no-fun" admins somewhere?

The thing I don't understand - why can't we all have fun the way we used to. Actually playing the game and just having fun instead of trying to make a point out of everything. This person got banned for this, let's start a #freethem movement or let's not snitch on each other if we're traitors. Let's push our limits to see where the admins draw the line. We can still have fun just by playing bad traitors or acting like traitorous innocents... Those were some of the best moments I've had on the TG server. Just natural gameplay that lead up to memorable moments. I honestly shouldn't have to disguise myself in order to have fun on the server I administrate for...

Also if you have an issue with the way an admin administrates - why the hell not file an abuse report? Or in the least report it to Talmera? I personally find it amusing that the "no fun" admins are slandered however not a single abuse report is filed. Why I wonder..
« Last Edit: 05 August, 2013, 07:46:23 PM by Taurvi »

Offline Trailofarrows

• The Piercer
  • What's up gu- *Gagged*
« Reply #11 on: 05 August, 2013, 08:04:09 PM »
Also while we're on a roll, someone who I've never met before left the server 'cause I just connected on it lol ("It's Prince Taurvi! Time to leave"). I presume there is a list of "no-fun" admins somewhere?

This mostly comes from people who think admins are "no-fun" because they teleport them when they prop surf to places out of the map. But yeah, this turned from a fun group, to a rule-breaking troll group. They have pushed the limits beyond the on the rules and basically as they broke them, said "Fuck the rules".

Offline TryHardNinja

• Mew :3
« Reply #12 on: 05 August, 2013, 08:09:30 PM »
they dont make abuse reports because they know that they werent victims and that they were in the wrong, they basically complain about us not letting them break the rules which makes it feel like im dealing with 12 year-olds.
I miss when people were actually trying to be proven and not trying to get killed by someone to be able to call rdm or just to mess with someone.
« Last Edit: 05 August, 2013, 08:12:01 PM by Ghostayami »

Tony L.

« Reply #13 on: 06 August, 2013, 02:52:37 PM »
no snitching is sorta dead now get over et babiez <5

Offline GenAcid

• Get busy baiting, and get busy dieing.
« Reply #14 on: 06 August, 2013, 11:00:14 PM »
Some people just do not know how to have fun within the confines of the rules. Sad but true.

Carbonate design by Bloc
variant: carbon
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 24 queries.
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal